Thursday, November 25, 2010

Preliminary Task - College Magazine.


For my preliminary task i was asked to create a front cover and a contents page for a new college magazine. This is my front cover and i think that it follows the conventions of a normal magazine but adds it's own values to it. I think the colours work well together and the writing stays with the genre of this magazine. 




This is my contents page for my preliminary task, this is just a basic sketch of it but the style is what i am thinking off. The way i have split the word 'contents' into 3 separate words is to make mine unique and stand out and this is the way i'm styling my magazine. 




Strenghts:
The strenghts of my front cover are that i like the colour scheme used throughout and i think it goes well with the main headline.
Another strenght of my front cover is that the picture is in black and white. I like the difference this shows and it shows that you can break the conventions of an ordinary magazine but still make it look professional.
A strenght of my contents page is that the colour schemes are continues through out and if i was to make a double page spread to go with this then the colour scheme would continue.
Another strenght of my contents page is the title. I like how i have split the word 'contents' up into three sepreate words but you can still read what it says. This also offers difference but in a unique way.

Weaknessess:

One of the weaknessess of my front cover is that there is not enough writing on it to draw in the audiences attention and i think it is far too plain and boring for a front cover.
Another weakness of my front cover is the fonts. I think the fonts are boring and too plain and i could of been alot more creative to add detail and fun to my cover.
A weakness of my contents page is the boringness of the way the writing is going to be set out.

By reflecting and looking at both the strenghts and weaknessess of my front cover and contents page i have learnt what works well and what doesn't and this will now help me to create a new and very different page for my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment